In This Section
Introducing Solid Foods Workshop
These two-hour workshops are for a parent or carer to attend with their baby ahead of when they make the transition from milk to solid foods. They will help you get off to a good start, and being longer than your local NHS sessions, there's more time to ask questions.
Suitable for both breastfed and bottle-fed babies and led by our friendly and qualified NCT Practitioner you'll explore:
- How to recognise the signs that tell you when your baby is getting ready for solid food.
- Baby-led weaning and spoon-feeding. What are the pros and cons.
- Which foods are best to offer your baby and why, taking into account your family's diet and cultural influences.
- What foods to avoid.
- How much to feed and when to reduce milk feeds.
- Concerns and safety issues such as: ensuring your baby has a healthy and balanced diet; how to recognise allergies; what to do if your baby starts choking; where to go for more information.
What does the course cost?
We charge fees in order to cover the costs of providing the workshops and to help us to provide services for all parents. You are welcome to pay by instalments and we offer discounts for parents in receipt of benefits or on lower incomes.
Please ask for more information from your workshop organiser when you enquire about making a booking.
How do I find Introducing Solids workshops in my area?
To find your nearest Introducing Solids workshop simply enter your postcode into the find a course box.