Our course is designed to build your confidence and understanding of this relaxation technique. All from just £47.
Before babies are able to speak, or even respond to sounds and sights, they actually communicate with the world around them through touch.
Join an NCT Baby Massage course and you will learn a sequence of baby massage strokes that you can use at home or out and about, to suit you and your baby.
Benefits of massage
Massaging your baby is one way to connect with your baby and studies have shown that it may help with:
- Improving bonding and attachment.
- Building confidence in handling your baby using positive touch techniques.
- Enabling better communication between you and your baby.
- Improving your baby’s sleep.
- Strengthening your baby’s digestive system and reducing symptoms of wind and constipation.
Although massage is beneficial for all babies over six weeks, it’s particularly useful for those with special needs, such as Down's syndrome or Cerebral palsy, by providing a unique way of communicating with and soothing them.
Massage also stimulates growth and development so it can help premature babies to thrive as well.
The courses will run over a five-week period, so come along and join our small interactive sessions run by our friendly, trained NCT Baby Massage Teachers.
Find a course near you
Courses are available across the UK so use our Course Finder (box top right) to find one near you.